Thursday 12 June 2014

Strumming on the beach on a Greek island - just ukulele-heaven!

"Life for a Lady With a Ukulele or Two...." actually ten, now..... but when I go traveling, the one that comes with me is my little blue Mahalo, or simply "Little Blue Uke".





Just a couple of weeks ago I took a trip to Zakynthos, a Greek island in the Mediterranean, for a few days in the sun with my daughter. Just the two of us. A lovely chance to do some mother-and-daughter bonding. But not everyone loves the ukulele, in spite of rumours to the contrary... and my girl is one such. She's more for the guitar. So like a good-'un I promised "not to make myself a nuisance with it" ... and duly confined myself to a little solitary strumming in our holiday apartment, and a little more at a distance from others on the beach. I found an inviting little spot just in the sand dunes, spread my towel, got out my song sheets and whiled away an hour, strumming in the Mediterranean sun while number-one daughter whiled away an hour round the shops.

Now that's what I call a Ukafrolic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! I hope you enjoy this blog and I'd love to hear your comments! But I know you'll forgive me if I read them over before I click the "publish" button! Thanks!