Thursday 3 May 2012

Bach Prelude from the First Suite for Unaccompanied Cello, on Ukulele

Bach Prelude from the First Suite for Unaccompanied Cello

This is simply stunning. This well-known and well-loved prelude, written most likely betweem 1717 and 1723, is often heard on TV and radio, and consists mainly of arpeggiated chords. Beautifully arranged for ukulele by John Moen and played here by John himself on "Stella", his myrtle tenor uke by Mya-Moe, it is jaw-droppingly exquisite. I could just listen over and over again... and I do.

Bach, what a composer - and John Moen - boy, what a musician!

Read all about Bach's Cello Suites here.

And watch more of John Moen's ukulele videos as ukuthemighty. He does a fantastic version of "I Will Survive"... a great voice, too! Watch it and get to know John Moen a little better!

Another Ukulele Hero for me...!

1 comment:

  1. Hey man, thanks for the link, I managed to miss this arrangement... You don´t happen to know where the tabs are available do you?

    ReplyDelete

HI! I hope you enjoy this blog and I'd love to hear your comments! But I know you'll forgive me if I read them over before I click the "publish" button! Thanks!