Thursday 14 March 2013

A year yesterday - I started this blog!

Yes, a year yesterday I started this blog... I had the wooden laminate concert uke that Long-Suffering Husband had bought me when I demanded one back in 2005, and a newly acquired 1920's Slingerland banjo-uke that I was trying to get ready to play - the two ukes in my picture on every page here. Now, a year and nearly 20,000 page views later, I have four wooden ukes and four banjoleles. Can't believe it really. Well, one of the banjo-ukes is to sell when it's had a little TLC - but the rest are keepers, I reckon. I was going to do a sofa-shot with them all on, to celebrate the blog's birthday, but my baby-blue Mahalo soprano is still out on loan so I'll hang on. The last year has been quite a journey, uke-wise. Lots to tell there... I'm getting better - slowly. But I do play, nearly every day; a bit of this, a bit of that...

And here's a bit of that, coming up ... a song came into my head earlier on, and I thought perhaps I could work out the chords... that happens sometimes. This seems to work. It's the 1911 song

I Want a Girl Just Like the Girl that Married Dear Old Dad


Coming up, next time .... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! I hope you enjoy this blog and I'd love to hear your comments! But I know you'll forgive me if I read them over before I click the "publish" button! Thanks!