Wednesday 10 April 2013

Coming up if I get my act together....

There's a list in my head of all the blog posts waiting to be written... it's getting so long that I think I'll share it with you now so that you know what's coming.

There's the appearance of ukuelelezaza (Remco Houtman-Janssen) at the George Formby Convention last month. He brought the house down. So much to tell you about that....

I want to tell you about the British luthier Pete Howlett, who is among the top ukulele luthiers in the world, crafting some of the most beautiful and most coveted ukuleles you'll see... I want one, of course.... just take a look here.... maybe one day...

Then there's the new album by Manitoba Hal, Hal Brolund. Devil on the Wall. Wonderful, as was his last. That man can play, can sing, and certainly can write songs.

And.... the new book "Ukulele Exercises for Dummies" that's coming out next week. It's by Brett McQueen, who teamed up with Al Wood of Ukulele Hunt for the project. I was so impressed by what I saw on Amazon and the free chapter (chapter eight) that I ordered mine straight away. You can read all about it here. It comes out next week on 15th April but for now you can order it at an offer price. Order two and you can be in a free draw for a nice uke. I'll be reviewing this book when it comes...

And I nearly forgot this one - the Little White Uke that's going round the world... where it is, and how that all started!

Meanwhile I must order my life... things to do, people to see, ukuleles to play... and I'll be blogging again very soon - I promise!



No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! I hope you enjoy this blog and I'd love to hear your comments! But I know you'll forgive me if I read them over before I click the "publish" button! Thanks!