Tuesday 5 August 2014

The Great Northern Ukulele Festival 2014 - got my ticket - have you got yours?

The second Great Northern Ukulele Festival (England) is being held this year in Huddersfield, after great success in Pontefract last year. And this year I'm going, even though it falls only the week before the GFS September convention in Blackpool. LSH (Long-Suffering-Husband) approves as he reckons he can spend lots of time exploring the Huddersfield taverns selling over a dozen different brands of real ale - should I say Real Ale!

With the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain headlining and a veritable host of big uke names performing and doing workshops, it's all set to be another rip-roaring success - so my advice is, get your tickets and workshop tickets NOW....

There are no fewer than seventeen workshops to choose from, over the two days (13th and 14th September) and they will sell out, so if you don't want to be disappointed, get it sorted! The workshops are selling well, and the latest additions to the list of workshop tutors are no other than two of my favourite performers, the great Peter Moss and Ukulelezaza (Remco Houtman-Janssen)

Peter Moss workshop

FROM MAJOR to MINOR, WHAT COULD BE FINER? - Music Playing Workshop Sat 13 Sep 2014, 2:00PM

"In the workshop we will explore how to play general root position chords.
Then I will construct popular chord sequences in the keys of C, F & G. Also
introducing Minor chords & relevant combinations. Next to explore what 4/4
& 3/4 mean and how they can be applied."



Ukulelezaza workshop

12th STREET RAG - Music Playing Workshop Sat 13 Sep 2014, 11:00AM

"Always thought the classic ukulele tune 12th Street Rag was beyond your capabilities as a strummer? It's not! Ukulelezaza will teach you the basic melody line and will show you how to elaborate on that with both the left and the right hand. Slowly at first, and with some practice you can speed it up and wow your partner, friends, family and pets even more."

Regular readers will know that I have featured both of these great instrumentalists several times in this blog - just search the tag-cloud at the bottom!

Five weeks to go and I'm quite excited about this festival - check it out, see who's going to be playing... and there's even a Festival Fringe! with a range of extra events!

Well - I'll see you there!

Thanks for dropping in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! I hope you enjoy this blog and I'd love to hear your comments! But I know you'll forgive me if I read them over before I click the "publish" button! Thanks!